Friday, February 15, 2008

Yoga Stretch! Nice and refreshing...


I started my exercise routine today. I chose YOGA STRETCHING to loosen up my back. I had a hard time doing the routine on the right known as Adho Mukha Svanasana. I grabbed the photo on the right from a blog of an Overseas Filipino Worker based in Singapore.
I had a very hard time keeping the soles of my fee flat on the floor. I will work on this slowly. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to restore suppleness in my body.
I'm new to YOGA, so I have to do a lot of research about this discipline on the net. I chose YOGA due to its meditative nature, and the benefecial effect of restoring balance in the body. I hope to be able to reap the benefits from YOGA.
This is just the start. I spent around 10 minutes doing the routine, yet I sweat profusely and I felt my whole back loosen up and relax, as if I had my back massaged for an hour.
It took me quite some time to reach this way point on my mental map.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

that's nice! YOGA.
I once attended yoga in Brahma Kumaris but to my dismay their brand of yoga is just sitting on chair, staring on a figure and meditating. It was ok anyway but I did not last long...hehehe
Anyway, they were attempting to indoctrinate their religion so I just got out. It did not help that I questioned everything they taught and offered alternatives to their understanding of gods, etc etc,