Thursday, January 31, 2008

Almost at the other side .....

January has come to an end. I spent the first two weeks of the month on vacation in my home place in Dumaguete City. During the holidays I took time to read two books - The Da Vinci Method by Garret La Porto and Touched with Fire: Manic-Depressive Illness and the Artistic Temperament by Kay Redfield Jamison. These two books had a very profound impact on my understanding about my bipolar disorder. During the time I spent on vacation, I shifted my life paradigm based on what I learned from both books and what I have experienced dealing with this disorder. I can sense my paradigm shift is beginning to pay off. I just can't write about it now.

During the break, I also decided to strike off a few clients of mine who I realized was just taking me for a ride. They were succeeding on their projects at my expense. I decided to pursue my own path and start my own journey to success.

When I came back to Davao City, I did just that. I returned clients documents and started out on my own.

This Saturday I start with my own training workshop on Environmental Planning a.k.a Urban Planning in Digos City, Davao del Sur, and hopefully a housing project or two in the Davao del Sur area.

I have prepared for these projects mentally. I know deep inside I can move ahead on my own initiative.

Time is on my side. I only have to wait for things to fall in place. There is no need to rush. I am prepared for this already.

Feruary will be a fabulous month for me.

No comments: