Monday, March 03, 2008

Managing Bipolar Depression

I have learned how to manage BIPOLAR Depression. The past 3 weeks I have been going through a fairly strong depression, yet I am on track with my work and I am accomplishing my goals.

I have learned that sticking to an established routine helps a lot. The biggest boost I have had the last 3 weeks is learning how to divide huge blocks of work into manageable pieces and accomplishing each piece one at a time by focusing my thoughts in getting it done. Once done, the sense of accomplishment gives me an energy boost.

I have also learned to be careful with events and situations appearing out of nowhere that disrupt the flow of the established routine. These disruptions tend to mess up with the flow.

Finding a way to get back to the routine may seem quite hard at first. But, getting back on meeting set goals can help a lot.

Make sure Work goals and tasks and routines are written so there is always a reminder on what to do next.

No comments: