Friday, October 26, 2007

In the Doldrums

No matter how hard I try, I can't get myself out of this rut. I have been stuck in here for 3 days now.

The last 6 weeks were a flurry of travel and new projects. This week, I had to stay home to sit down and make project write ups. I just got stuck. I have a hard time focusing on tasks at hand. My attention span is so short, 5 minutes would be considered long enough already.

I am keeping myself a little bit on track by working around 3 minute chunks of time. Stringing together ideas and sentences bit by bit until I can manage to put together a decent paragraph.

My breaks could stretch to 30 minutes to an hour. I'll try to shorten my breaks to 15 minutes, and stretch my work time to 5 then 7 minutes until I could reach 15 minute chunks.

When I achieve 1 hour work blocks, I can reward myself with 30 minute breaks. I have to do this REALLY!

Putting this in writing on this blog is really hard for me now. I just hope blogging it will put me back on track.... or else, I could be out in the cold before I know it.

I will not allow that to happen. I will try hard to finish my work. I still have 4 projects to finish.

No comments: